Description: Cost Estimating in an oil and gas equipment service/manufacturing environment
Cost Estimating Job Purpose: Thoroughly reviews customer specifications and RFQ’s. Ensures all cost and bid information is properly captured, maintained, and submitted in a timely manner. Prepares preliminary cost estimates, drawings, documentation, and bid proposals for service and equipment.
Cost Estimating Job Duties:
- Analyze RFQ’s drawings, specifications, and supporting documentation to prepare accurate cost estimates and equipment proposals.
- Responsible for RFQ’s from receipt, through pricing and review, to final submittal.
- Manages time to meet objectives; forecast and plan work to accomplish assigned tasks before due dates and within the required time frame in a time-critical environment.
- Prepare detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work, perform take-offs, determine equipment requirements, and material items.
- Review, assess, and report customer and/or RFQ requirements from contracts, legal, taxes, insurance, finance, HSE, and other support groups to management.
- Maintains bid list and bid files by logging bid information and organizing all RFQ information in the bid files.
- Communicates and conducts bid review meeting with Management, Project Manager, and/or sales to finalize bid, markup, and strategies.
- Communicates and coordinates with management, sales team, project managers, vendors, and customers as needed via meetings, email, and telephone.
- Maintains activity report of incoming requests, daily estimating activity, due dates, and action items.
- Assists in obtaining firm quotes for material suppliers, equipment and subcontractors.
- May coordinate with other employees during bid process on large proposals.
- Contributes to company sales and production efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Degree in Engineering, Estimating, Drafting or similar discipline required. Strong Microsoft Office Proficiency, Technical Writing, Documentation Skills, attention to detail required. Must communicate effectively and exhibit good organization, thoroughness, and follow-through to accomplish tasks within the allotted timeframe. Experience estimating mechanical and process piping preferred. AutoCAD/Inventor Proficiency, Technical Design Skills, Fabrication Methods and Procedures, Technical Understanding, knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API, and similar oil and gas industry standards preferred.